David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Presents

I was lucky enough to have my whole family with me for Christmas this year, making the holiday a real joy from start to finish! I was also lucky enough to receive several wargames related presents this year. From Sue, my wife, I got a battery of Trent Miniatures 28mm French Revolutionary Wars Horse Artillery to add to my growing 2014 project. From Matt, my son, I got the second of my unique 'Personality' figures, a second ACW General; this time a Confederate, Jubal E Bykleigh! More on both of these gifts as they are painted in the coming weeks. From Ruth, my daughter, I got the new Private Eye History in Cartoons which has had me chuckling steadily since I opened it on the Day!
Finally, from my wargaming chums in the GHQ Irregulars I got a fine 28mm German Officer for our 1940 Zeelowe games from Jon and a mystery 'Red Cross' parcel from Phil ~


















It contained three wonderful additions to my collection in the shape of a fully assembled and painted 1/48th scale kit of an Airco A10 with its own unique landscaped flight stand. It will do duty in our developing Great War games and also see action in Rhanzlistan I am sure.


















And lurking amongst the packaging was a very pleasant surprise in the form of a painted and based Staff Car for the 1914 games next year!


















It will need some base work to match my collection and the rear passenger needs some work ~ I painted these earlier in the month for another project but they fit the car so well. But, I'm sure you will agree, a really spiffing set of hobby related gifts to mark Christmas 2013! A final picture of my only win this month, a Wings of War game with Phil: Captain Bicclesworth downs the Hun ace, von Rhobinsaan, the Pink Baron ~

No comments:

Post a Comment