David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 28 September 2016

Ministering to the Troops in 1914

Phil has almost finished his troops for our joint 1914 project. Its been a long slog fitting it around his commission work, family commitments and other activities, but we are nearly ready for a full game at last in GHQ. I decided to add a small set of vignettes to depict a Casualty Clearing Station, just to fill in along the back line of the table, an often empty area in games we have found. I bought a decent sized tent from Old Glory last year, and that will be the hub of the pieces. I've so far completed a Padre from Great War Miniatures  ~
























Together with a small vignette from Woodbine Designs of 'Woodbine Willie' distributing cigarettes to a wounded Tommy ~















































I plan to add the 'Casualty' set from Wargames Foundry's Great War range when I next pop over to their factory/shop in East Stoke. This should n't be too far in the future as I need to replenish certain paints too. I have an ambulance already, a die cast model I picked up cheaply a while back now, so taken all together it should make a nice set of pieces to provide some game infill. We shall have to see how we go beyond that then, although an army doctor and nurse[s] would be nice I think ~ all suggestions welcomed.

8 comments: