David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Sunday 1 January 2017

And here we go, again ~ Austrian Artillery.

For my Austrian army, a part of my Wars of the French Revolution project, I've been working on these limbers and caisson sets and horse teams from Perry Miniatures, with head conversions from Trent Miniatures to replace later head wear with bicornes, which I know were not worn but they speak of the period when the correct option is not available, so will do for me. The horses and riders are one piece castings, which I liked when painting the figures as the men sit correctly on their mounts, unlike separate figure and horse so often. The limbers and their horse teams are mounted on one MDF base which I sourced from Warbases, of course, but the caisson and its team are mounted on two MDF bases, making the caisson available to deploy behind the battery with the horse team to the rear. It just looks better on the tabletop I think. I showed the first limber team I'd completed in an earlier post ~









I completed the second limber team after Christmas and then the caisson team on New Year's Eve ~








Deployed for action, the battery will look like this ~















It just remains for me to wish you a very happy, prosperous and peaceful New Year ~






















10 comments:

  1. Looks good to me, just the ticket.
    Happy New Year.
    See you Tuesday for the first game of 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ringing endorsement, see you Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. Great looking artillery and a Happy New Year!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment and the New Year wishes.

      Delete
  3. They look great. I've just bought three limbers off the Perrys but might just give head swops a miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Head swaps were very easy! They'd have to be for 'ten thumbs Bykleigh' to do them. Have a go, go on...

      Delete
  4. Nice limbers and conversions.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I was quite pleased with how they turned out myself.

      Delete